Apr 12, 2013

Romancing the Rose

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY
ROMANCING THE ROSE - 7.5 x 10 -  Watercolour - $300 Framed

Are roses one of your favourite flowers?  They are mine; peach, red, pink, white or yellow, they all have their own special look.  They are so much fun to draw and paint because of their lovely contrast of billowing folds and sharp lines.  And of course no two are the same. 
 
My rose, is one inspired by the roses in my garden, no I don’t have an amazing rose garden, just a few roses that have learned to live with me.  We do well together.  Take a closer look at my flower, it will fool you.  It has the look of an impasto oil put it is watercolour!!  Enjoy.
As always cards and prints are available for all my pictures starting at $3.50 for cards.

3 comments:

Brenda Hill CDM said...

That looks like the textured paper you were showing me wow it turned out really nice

hmuxo said...

My favorite flower is a Rose since I'm born in June...this is beautifully painted..and I love the color!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thank you Brenda, I am very excited with this picture. The colours and the texture really seem to work great.
Hi to hmuxo, I love flowers, although the rose is one of the most interesting to paint I must admit I have really been enjoying the tulips this winter. We have had some lovely bouquets from our local market.